Earlier this week, someone nominated me for The Beautiful Blogger Award.
I was so stunned it’s taken me up until today to respond. But now that I’m over my initial shock, let me begin by giving a great big to Pat Sandy who very graciously and kindly nominated me for this award. I couldn’t be more grateful. I know this means a potentially more exposure for my blog, and who couldn’t use more of that????
And so, in that spirit, I would like to return the favor and nominate a few others, highlighting some really great bloggers out there as well.
First of all, I would like to recognize the man who recognized me: Pat Sandy. I love his blog. It’s a cartoon blog, very clean and simple, with great sketches which I personally enjoy. I feel like I’m getting to take a peek into the creative drawing process and he makes it both fun and fascinating to read. I especially love “Sketchbook Saturday”. To me, it’s the best part of his blog.
The other bloggers that I would like to acknowledge and highly recommend you visit are all really great writers…all horror writers, so beware the darkness within!
http://kellinorris.wordpress.com/ Visit Lillithmoon’s universe. It’s vast and otherwordly, just as the name suggests.
http://voodoodrummer79.wordpress.com/ Voodoodrummer is always tapping out a new, dark beat! Visit his page, and let his rhythms seduce you….
http://edwardlorn.wordpress.com/ Mr. Lorn? Why, that Dastardly Bastard! He’s living it up at Bay’s End, and when it’s Three After the hour, he really let’s it all hang out!
http://jmarieravenshaw.wordpress.com/ There’s all kind of darkness lurking in Jill’s Blackened Mind. Enter…if you dare.
http://wastedshame.wordpress.com/ Skeletons abound in N. N. Bell’s blog space. She’s only revealed one or two so far, but I anticipate more skeletons will soon spill out of her closet very soon…
Evidently, there is some work involved being nominated…but okay. First, the ten questions:
1. What is your favorite colour? dark green
2. What is your favorite animal? n/a
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? water
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
5. What is your favorite pattern? Sunny and partly cloudy.
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents? Both!
7. What is your favorite number? 17
8. What is your favorite day of the week? Fridays
9. What is your favorite flower? calla lilies
10. What’s your passion? My husband, my kids, and my writing.
And now, 7 things about moi:
1. I teach high school French and Spanish.
2. I love to travel.
3. I love to read, and of late, my reading preference is historical fiction.
4. One of my favorite horror authors is Robert R. McCammon, and my favorite novel by him is Swan Song.
5. I am a huge Howard Stern fan, and my favorite person on the show, ironically, is Robin.
6. I love all kinds of music–except country.
7. My favorite superhero hands down is Superman. Love him!
Anyway, I think that’s it. Again, I can’t thank Pat enough for thinking of me and my blog, considering it is so new, so I really appreciate it. When you have a chance, do visit the other bloggers mentioned above. You sure to find tons of great reading there!
For those of you I nominated, if you want to pay it forward, the directions are below. Honestly, I’m not sure I even did this right, so we’ll see how it goes!
– Include the award logo somewhere on tour blog.
– Make a list of 10-15 blogs you’d like to nominate
– Pay the love forward. Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
– Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
– Answer the ten questions above
– Write 7 things about yourself